kruizing with kikukat

Monday, June 5, 2017

Layered Cool Whip Jello


Happy summer vacation.

What are your plans for the summer?

I have none.

It's been a while since I had an actual summer vacation.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

Oh, that's right.  I need to clean the house.  I have school stipend days.  I have loads of laundry to do.  I have meals to cook.  I promised D1 I would have another go at making xiaolongbao.  Okay, so much for vacation being relaxing.

Now that summer vacation (for some) is here, it's nice to have a cool dessert with dinner.

click on recipe title below for printable recipe

     3 pkgs unflavored gelatin
     3 small boxes Jello (all same flavor)
     1 1/4 c sugar
     2 1/2 c cold water, divided
     3 c boiling water
     8 oz Cool Whip

Soften unflavored gelatin in 1/2 c cold water.  Set aside.  In a large bowl. combine Jello and sugar.  Add boiling water and stir.  Add softened gelatin and stir until everything is dissolved.  Add remaining (2 c) cold water.  Add Cool Whip and beat well.  Pour into a 9 x 13" pan.  Refrigerate until set.  Cut into squares or bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment